I have always been fascinated over the achievements of Helen Keller. I saw the movie of her life as a young boy and several times since. Her story caused me to think hard about so many things and enlighten me on various truths. Some truths I remember immediately when I think of Helen Keller:
1. I am grateful for so many things.
2. Accomplishments come from perseverance.
3. Most obstacles we see are really not there and only living in our minds.
4. We can have profound affects on the lives of others.
5. Problems we see as big are in truth small as compared to what others have faced.
Insight from a women born unable to see, hear or speak…
“Once I knew only darkness and stillness… my life was without past or future… but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living.” – Helen Keller
“It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” – Helen Keller
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller